The Department of Sociology and the Graduate Office would like to recognize the accomplishments of our graduate students. Congratulations and keep up the great work!
- Mo Willow was awarded an NSF Graduate Research Fellowship
- Kriti Vikram was awarded the Robert W. Janes Commemorative Award for 2014
- Jonathan Jackson was awarded the Presser Fellowship for 2014-15
- Tyler Myroniuk has been awarded an MPRC 2014 Summer Student Grant
- Joanna Pepin has been awarded a 2014 Graduate School Summer Research Fellowship
- Luoman Bao has been awarded a 2014 Graduate School Summer Research Fellowship
- Marek Posard has been awarded the Wylie Dissertation Fellowship for Fall 2014
- Michelle Beadle Holder has been awarded the George M. Phillips Award for Graduate Research in the Public Interest. Michelle's dissertation examines African American organizational mobilization in responding to HIV/AIDS as a public health issue.
- Kendra Barber received the 2014 Eastern Sociological Society's (ESS) Charles V. Willie Minority Graduate Student Award
- Scott Albrecht was awarded the 2013 Havron Award
- Kendra Barber received the 2013 University of Maryland's College of Behavioral and Social Sciences (BSOS) Teaching Excellence Award.
- Molly Clever is receiving the Elise Boulding Award for Best Graduate Student Paper by the Peace, War and Social Conflict Session at the 2013 ASA Annual Meeting in New York, NY.
- Kathleen Denny was awarded the Graduate Dean’s Dissertation Fellowship and the Wylie Dissertation Fellowship for the 2013-2014 academic year
- Valerie Chepp was awarded the Wylie Dissertation Fellowship for Fall 2013
- Mark Gross was awarded the Graduate School’s International Graduate Research Fellowship
- Tuesday Barnes and Moriah Willow were awarded the 2013-14 McNair Graduate Fellowship
- Gheda Temsah received the Robert W. Janes Commemorative Award in spring 2013
11/15/2018 - 1:10 pm