The Tara Lynn Resnick Scholarship For an Outstanding Female Sociology Undergraduate Student
The Tara Lynn Resnick scholarship honors the memory of Tara Lynn Resnick, B.A. Sociology, 1990. Tara graduated cum laude from the University of Maryland, College Park. She was a member of Alpha Kappa Delta and the Golden Key National Honor Society. Tara was an exceptional young woman, dedicated to academic excellence. Her commitment to her education was equaled by the courage and determination she demonstrated in battling a terminal illness while completing her undergraduate degree. Through this scholarship Tara’s family and friends hope to recognize and assist other exceptional young women who share Tara’s love of learning.
Students who meet the following criteria are eligible to apply:
- Earned at least 60 credits
- Minimum of 3.0 GPA
Applicants must submit the following:
- A letter of application explaining how this scholarship will help them to accomplish their educational goals
- A letter of recommendation from a faculty member
Applications are accepted throughout the month of March and must be received in the Sociology Undergraduate Office (2108 Art-Socy Building) by March 31st. Additional scholarship information may be obtained from:
Dr. Linda Moghadam 2108 Art-Socy Building Ph: 301 405-7365 email@example.com
The Parker Fuller Undergraduate Scholarship in Sociology
Established in memory of Nelson Parker, father of Barbara J. Fuller ‘96’and in honor of Edwin R. Fuller, III ‘96’.
The Parker Fuller Scholarship provides support to a full-time undergraduate Sociology student in his/her senior year of study at the University who has demonstrated financial need.
The monetary award for this scholarship is $1,000.
Students are eligible to apply if they meet the following criteria:
· Must possess a 2.5 or higher cumulative grade point average (GPA)
· Must be a full-time degree seeking undergraduate Sociology major in their senior year of study during the 2013/14 academic year.
· Must be able to demonstrate financial need (FAFSA form or other extenuating circumstances).
· Must be in good judicial standing.
Applicants for the Parker-Fuller Scholarship must submit the following materials:
- Transcript (official or unofficial)
- Letter of recommendation– At least one letter is required from someone who can speak on your behalf of your academic performance and why you are the best candidate for this scholarship. The letter should be from a faculty member who is familiar with your academic performance. Letters of recommendation should on letterhead, in a sealed envelope, and included in your scholarship application materials.
- Statement of financial need- A brief personal statement regarding your need for financial support. Please include your financial aid statement, if you receive some type of financial assistance from the University and/or evidence of other extenuating circumstances that would support financial need.
Application materials are due by March 31st and should be submitted to:
Parker - Fuller Scholarship
2108 Art-Socy Building College, Park, MD 20742 Questions regarding the scholarship should be directed to Linda Moghadam (301-405-7365) or emailed toMoghadam@umd.edu