How do students add the Sociology major?

  • The SOCY Undergraduate Advising Office has moved to an all online services format. Please use the link below to schedule an online or phone appointment:

  • Students then attend a College of Behavioral and Social Sciences (BSOS) academic planning workshop by signing up at
  • After completing the BSOS workshop, students submit the change/addition of major form with completed academic plan to BSOS in 2148 Tydings Hall or to bsosmajorchange [at]
    • The addition of the Sociology major may take BSOS advising approximately 15 business days to process.

    • Students on academic probation/dismissal and other designated student populations will be required to schedule an appointment to meet with a BSOS advisor to process their major change.

Double Majors and Double Degrees

The university encourages students to complete their degrees in four years or 130 credits. Students wishing to declare a second major or degree will need to complete a plan that demonstrates their ability to successfully complete the major requirements in eight (8) semesters (four years).

Any student who will go over eight (8) semesters in completing their degree must appeal through BSOS for permission to add the second major/degree. Exceptions may be considered on a case by case basis at the College level.

Last modified
02/25/2022 - 2:03 am